Search Engine Optimisation or SEO is an essential part of ensuring people are able to find your website. While you can go it alone if you feel knowledgeable and confident, there are plugins that can help you create website content that search engines are more likely to find.
Both WordPress SEO by Yoast and All In One SEO Pack are WordPress plugins, so they are compatible if your website is WordPress based. Expert webmasters and individuals with their first website use and promote features and the use of both of these plugins. However both have different features and benefits.
Benefits of Using WordPress SEO by Yoast
- User friendly. It has a tour feature upon first installation to find out more and the plugin is generally easy to follow and understand. Some configuration is required when beginning to use it, in order to maximum use successfulness.
- Regularly updated. As it is widely known by web professionals, there are multiple online communities which discuss issues and features of this plugin. Any conflicts with other plugins are quickly fixed and questions are answered quickly by experts in many online forums.
- It’s free. The basic plugin version is free, but if you require more features, you can upgrade to the premium versions such as video SEO, Google Webmaster integration and WooCommerce SEO.
Benefits of Using All In One SEO Pack
- Beginner friendly. Able to be used immediately when installed, no configuration necessary.
- Only plugin that claims compatibility with SEO integration on WordPress e-commerce websites, not just WooCommerce.
- Automatically optimises post titles and generates meta tags.
- Supports XML sitemaps
- It’s free. Like WordPress SEO by Yoast, you do have the opportunity to upgrade to a premium paid plugin for features including being able to control over how search engines index and crawl your website.
If you are designing your website yourself or if a professional website developer is doing it for you, make sure you look at choosing a SEO plugin that you are able to use yourself and are able to understand. With SEO being one of the most important features of a website, an SEO plugin can mean the difference of getting traffic or not to your site.